Sunday, June 6, 2010

What a Crazy Week!


My life was turned upside down this week as my baby boy turned 18 and Graduated from Shadle Park HS.  It's hard to believe that eighteen years have gone by since he came into our lives. 
We are so very proud of him! 

We had a nice big party for him on Friday and I have to say that I'm proud of myself for spending so little on the party.  Ty made it easy on me as he wanted a "Mexican theme".  The menu was simple but delicious.

Carne Asada 14lbs (This was the most expensive part of the menu $33.00 Winco)
Shredded Pork (I bought 15lbs at Fredmeyer with the Catalinas from the Free Mighty dog food)
Tortillas (Free from Albertsons a few weeks ago)
Shredded Cheese (.16 x 10 from Albertsons last week)
Olives 10 cans (Free from Walgreens last week used the Free Ecotrin RR)
Sour Cream 4 (Free at Fredmeyer used B1G1 free and overage from doublers and MCP deal)
Tortilla Chips 8 bags (Free at Fredmeyer used $1.50/2 coupon doublers and in store coupon)
Refried Beans (Free at Albertsons after Catalina savings and doublers)
Ground Beef (Free for purchasing Old el paso refried beans and taco shells)
Rice and Stewed tomatoes (Free from Safeway a few months ago)
Six 12pks of Soda (Free from Walgreens used more Ecotrin RR)
One case of Bottled Water ($1.74 from Albertsons catalina promo a few weeks ago)
(2) Capri Sun (Free from Albertsons and doublers)
Solo Paper plates (Free with overage from Albertsons with doublers and Catalina)
(2) 12pk of Corona beer $25.58
(2) Half Gallon of Ice cream (Free with Catalinas)

After my big shopping spree at Albertsons this week with doublers and Catalinas I had $63 in Catalinas that I used on everthing else listed below. (I used $24 and spent .65 in tax)

(2) Bunches of Salad
(12) Avacadoes .69 each
(10) Limes
(2) Bunches of Radishes .79 each
(2) English cucumbers .99 each
(2) Red Onions $2.49lb (Oh, I about died at the price of onions)
(2) Red pepers
(6) Serrano peppers
(3) Bunches of Cilantro .33 each
(1) Package of napkins
(3) Pkgs of Forks

I picked up the Cake at Safeway they have a promotion this month.  Purchase a 1/2 sheet cake for the price of a 1/4 sheet.  Cake $20

Total OOP $78.92

When planning a large party I would highly recommend planning a theme and then start picking up supplies early as they are on sale.  I knew a few months before the party and focussed on the items that I knew I would be using. 

2 comments:

Joelle said...

WOW - this was great! I was talking with Scott tonight about the party his mom threw for his nephew! She spent at least $500 on the food - more with the beverages and alcohol . . . . and it wasn't even fancy. Pulled pork sandwiches, chips, pasta salad, potatoe salad . . . It blows me away! Good job on your party friend! It was fun seeing you at graduation! I got your text when I got home . . .left my phone @ home. Talk to ya soon.

suckerpunchdebt said...

That's awesome! I think that's good advice: go with a theme. That makes everything so much easier. I'm not so hot at the plan ahead part, but getting better:)