Saturday, July 25, 2009

What is a Catalina?

What is a Catalina?

  • A Catalina is a coupon that prints from the little box next to the register after you are done paying.
  • It can be for a dollar amount off your next purchase. (Like the ones pictured above)
  • Or it can be a manufacture coupon. Usually from a different manufacture for example I purchased Fiber One yogurt and I got a coupon for $1 off of 5 yoplait yogurts.
  • It's important to watch the expirtation dates as they do expire just like a regular coupon.

Can I double my Catalina at Albertsons?

  • Yes, You can double a Catalina.
  • This is a great way to get free produce or other items that don't usually have a coupon.
  • Some Catalinas do state "Do not double" (But some cashiers still do double)

What do you mean by "Rolling a Catalina"?

  • Rolling a Catalina is a way to make several purchases with the least amount of money out of pocket. For example Skippy natural peanut butter was recently on sale at Albertsons for .99 cents. When you purchased 2 a catalina for $1 off your next purchase would print. I would then buy two more use one of my double coupons & my $1.00 catalina and pay nothing out of pocket.
  • My scenario looked like this 6 Skippy peanut butter, $6.00 OOP (3 $1.00 Catalinas)
  • My next scenario 6 Skippy PB , I payed with 3/$1 Catalinas used 3 Albertsons doublers $0 OOP + $3.00 more in Catalinas. I did this deal 5 times ended up with 30 jars of PB and payed $6.00 OOP that is .20 a jar + I still had $3.00 in Catalinas.

How do I know what will trigger a Catalina?

  • A store will have the product signed with what qualifies for a catalina. It will normally read buy "X" amount of "Y" product receive "$" amount on your next order.
  • Sometimes you will receive a Catalina to tell you about an upcoming promotion.
  • Word of mouth sometimes there will be no sign and no catalina printing to tell you about a promo. But someone makes a purchase and out prints a new catalina. For example Dole Mandarins had a promo recently wyb 3 cans you get .75 oyno. There were no signs for this deal.

What if I have problems with a Catalina?

  • Catalina is a third party marketing company that offers both manufacturer coupons and Albertsons in-store coupons. Catalina may be contacted at1-888-826-8766 for any questions about redemption and/or if a coupon fails to print within a transaction.
  • You will need to have a copy of your receipt available as they will ask you questions about the transaction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great info, thank you for explaining al this so simply...for those of us who need a little extra help. Happy Couponing! This is the best blog site ever!