Thursday, August 6, 2009

Albertsons Deal

OK, I know I said that I was going to sit this week out. But I changed my mind after my son's friend (Who works at Albertsons) gave me a friends and family coupon worth 10% off my total purchase. I just couldn't pass up a "Happy Deal" like this.
  • (9) All Laundry Detergent
  • (18) Ragu Sauce (Never tried it, I hope we like it)
  • (2) Danimals yogurt
  • (1) Nature Valley granola clusters
  • (2) Express Salad mixes
  • (4) Feta Cheese containers
  • (6) Del Monte Individual fruit bowls
  • (5) Honey Nut Cheerios
  • (15) Powerade
  • (1) Package of hot dog buns
  • (20) Pints of Starbucks Ice cream (Giving most of them away)
  • (5) Boxes of Green Giant Veggies (Yummy Brussel Sprouts)
  • (3) Lean Cuisine
  • (1) Large container of Coffee creamer
  • (1) Gallon of milk
  • (3) Boxes 24ct Popsicles
  • (5) Boxes of Banquet sausages
  • (1) Strange man holding up .48 cents
  • (103) Items total = $343.40

Total OOP .48 Cents

  • - $9.50 Big Relief Savings
  • -$136.78 Preferred Savings
  • -$14.66 Friends & Family coupon
  • -$2.00 Doublers
  • -(9) $1.00 All detergent coupons
  • -(20) $2.00 Starbucks coupons
  • -(5) $1.00 Honey nut Cheerios coupons
  • -(9) $1.00 Ragu pasta sauce coupons
  • -(2) $1/3 Delmonte fruit coupons
  • -(1) $1.88 Lean Cuisine coupon
  • -(1) $4.00 off milk coupon
  • -(2) $1.00 Feta Cheese coupons
  • - $80.00 in Catalinas from previous purchases.

And then I got back another $45 in Catalinas!

*I just noticed that they overcharged me on the Feta Cheese by $9.00. I will be going back tomorrow to get that for free. (Albertsons has a price guarantee, If it rings up incorrect you will get it for free)

I have to admit this was my largest purchase that I have made in one transaction,The emotions you feel while you are getting rang up are crazy. I was a little nervous, then totally freaked out when I saw the line was backing up, everyone was watching, The clerk and the bagger were betting to see what my total would be, the lady behind me was tapping her foot, the ladies behind her didn't want to change lanes because they wanted to see what kind of deal I was going to get, I could feel my face getting hot, the manager had to be called over to turn a key because of all the coupons I used, I was frantically digging through my purse to find some cash, the bag girl kept telling me how excited she was for me, all I could do was nod my head . And then I saw my total Wow .48 cents, I wanted to jump up and down! That was Scary! But What a great Deal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great deal!!! Way to go. I just wanted to know if you can get more than one catalina per transaction. So if I spend 60.00 I get 30.00 in catalinas back and so one. Thanks for the info and way to go!

Michele said...

Anon,

Yes, I spent $90 in participating items in this transaction. I received $45 back in Catallinas. I had planned on spending $120 but they were out of the Natural Jiffy peanut butter. Good luck on your transaction. Please leave us a comment so we see how you do!

Michele