Thursday, December 10, 2009

Albertsons Soup Deal Experiment



After talking with several other bloggers and friends I decided to try another run at Albertsons for the Progresso soup.  I had heard that the broth discount was inconsistent and people were not getting a total of three deductions when they purchased 12 cans.  I was thinking that maybe it was based on the flavors purchased so I decided to buy (12) cans of the same flavor to see if it made a difference.  I did not receive three discounts but I did get two. My deal looked like this.

(12) Progresso Soup $1.39 each
  • -(4) $1.10/3 Progresso soup
  • -$4.98 Free broth with purchase of (4) soup
  • - $5.00 Catalina from previous transaction
  • Total OOP $2.30 plus another $5 Catalina
* I actually purchased a few more items to get my total to $25 so that I could get the Catalina for the (3) Albertsons Doubles.  The total just needs to get to $25 before coupons to receive the Catalina.  If you were unaware of the new promotion Karissa at Confessions of a Couponaholic did a great job of explaining it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so curious as to what triggers getting 3 $2.49 discounts...thanks for giving it another try :) Doesn't hurt to be stocked up on soup, I sent some of them to work for my husband. Hopefully he doesn't get sick of eating soup for the next month! Lol :)