Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pumpkin Bars



One of Ty's favorites is Pumpkin bars.  I got this recipe from an old friend (Thanks, Brenda) and I have never found one that I like better. It's quick and easy to make and it will help me use up some of the canned pumpkin I picked up at RiteAid during the holidays.


 Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
1 cup of oil
2 cups sugar
1 15oz. can of pumpkin

Mix wet ingredients together

2 cups of flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. each of ginger, cloves, nutmeg

Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl, add wet ingredients to flour mixture, mix well. Pour into greased and floured 12x17x1 cookie sheet. Make sure to use cookie sheet not cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 min.

Cream cheese frosting:
1 8oz. pkg. of cream cheese
3/4 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla till creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat till smooth

No comments: