Sunday, July 12, 2009

Couponing 101 Organization

This is one of my coupon binders, yes I said one. I have two because I am a couponaholic and one binder was just not enough. I would recommend a binder that zips. I don't have one yet because I have been too frugal. I figured that I would wait for all the back to school sales before I bought one. Since I started couponing I have been using a couple of old three ring binders from around the house.
It's important to have your coupons organized so that when it comes time to work on your scenarios you can easily flip to the section that you need and work your deals before you ever leave the house.
I am one of the couponers that cuts all my coupons. I like to have all my coupons available. Some people use a filing system. If this works for you more power to you.
I use baseball card holders this make it easy to see everything that you have and makes it easy to check for expired coupons.
You will need to tab your coupons based on how you shop
Mine are tabbed
Cereal/Granola
Condiments
Baking
Beverages
Fridge
Freezer
Store Coupons
Pantry
Pets
Health and Beauty
Pharmacy
Paper
Scenarios
Everyone will have different categories. Just use what works best for you.
I try to cut my coupons as I print them. I say try because life happens and you don't always get around to it.
If you have a question leave a message below and I will get back to you asap.
Thanks, Michele

No comments: