Saturday, January 2, 2010

Frugal Hair Dresser



Recently I was asked what other ways I help my family save money.  So I thought each week I would post a new way to save money besides my normal couponing.  When I was younger I had a friend who's father separated out the two ply toilet paper and rationed it out to all the women in the house. It was a big joke but you will never find me rationing out the TP.

One thing that I have not wanted to give up is having my hair done. I tried coloring it myself for a while but sometimes it looked too yellow or red and once I used an ash color and it looked green.  So I went back to getting it done at the salon. It was costing me $125 plus tip.  I knew this wasn't very frugal but a girl has to have nice hair.

When my youngest daughter was born I decided it was time to find a new hairdresser. (I had diapers and daycare back on my list) My sister told me about Pam at Kurl Rizma she was half the price that I was paying did a great job and had a fantastic personality too. 

Pam has been doing my hair for almost four years now and I have to say she is fantastic! Pam offers services for Hair, nails, and skin.  So if your looking to save a little extra cash and your in the Spokane area  please give Pam a call.

*As a disclaimer I did not receive compensation in any way shape or form for this post. I simply wanted to help you save money

I would love to hear any frugal secrets that help your family save money too. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I started printing coupons I used a lot of printer paper. Now I keep all those pieces of homework that my kids bring home from school. Most of it only has printing on one side. I load the used paper and print my coupons on the other side. I have been doing this for months now and saved money on paper, especially when only one coupon prints.

Anonymous said...

I really took the time to shop around for insurance for my home and vehicles. I had the same company for many years and it is a pain to change all your insurance, I know. But I looked around, compared some companies. A good agent for any company will actually take the policies you currently have and give you a firm price comparison. I selected the one that gave equal or better coverage then my existing policies. The change saved me $58 per month!!! Don't get stuck thinking only one company out there is the best. They are very competitive in this changing economy.