Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Safeway Deals

I had so much fun at Safeway today! I love stacking Cellfire, Shortcuts coupons and paper coupons. I wanted to show today how you can save a lot of money even when things are not on sale. I always make sure to load all the coupons available to my card each time they reset. When you purchase an item it will usually take off however many E coupons are on your card. For example today I purchased the Wolfgang Puck chicken broth for $3.49 Keep in mind I would never pay that much for stock. But I had (2) $1.00 coupons loaded to my card and I stacked it with $1.00 paper coupon making the broth only .49 cents. Here are the rest of my deals.
(5) Quaker Life Cereal $2.00 each
(2) Fruit by the Foot $2.00 each
(3) Fruit Snacks $2.00 each
(1) Betty Crocker Potatoes .99
(1) Betty Crocker Cookie Mix $1.49
(1) Nature Valley Nut Cluster $3.49 *
(1) Betty Crocker Warm Delight $1.69 *
(1) Betty Crocker Frosting $1.49 *
(2) Quaker Instant Oatmeal $2.50 each
(2) Progresso Soup $1.11 each
(1) Wolfgang Puck Chicken Stock $3.49 *
(3) Chinet Plates $3.00 each 11/22 SS
(2) Crescent rolls $2.29 each *
(2) Pillsbury Cinamon rolls $2.29 each *
(2) Pillsbury Savorings Pizza bites $3.99 each *
(1) Yoplait Fiber Yogurt $2.50 *
(1) Salad Shreds $1
  • -(3) $4.00 Save $4 wyb 4 participating items
  • -(2) .40 Ecoupon Fruit Snacks
  • -(3) .40 Fruit Snacks from Here
  • -(3) .50 Ecoupon Fruit by the Foot
  • -(1) .50/2 Fruit by the Foot 1/3 SS
  • -(1) .40 Ecoupon Betty Crocker potatoes 12/13SS
  • -(1) .35 Betty Crocker potatoes
  • -(3) $1.00 Ecoupon Granola nut cluster
  • -(2) .40 Ecoupon Granola nut cluster
  • -(1) $1.00 Granola nut cluster from Here
  • -(3) .50 Ecoupon Warm Delights
  • -(1) .40 Warm Delights from Here
  • -(2) $1.00 Ecoupon wyb Frosting & Cookie Mix
  • -(2) .40 Ecoupon BC Cookie Mix
  • -(1) .40 Cookie Mix coupon
  • -(1) .50 Ecoupon Frosting
  • -(2) $1.00 Quaker Oatmeal from Here
  • -(5) .50 Ecoupon Progresso Soup
  • -(2) $1.00 Ecoupon Wolfgang Puck broth
  • -(1) $1.00 Wolfgang Puck broth
  • -(2) .50 Chinet plates Safeway coupon
  • -(3) $2.00 Luncheon Chinet plates
  • -(1) $1.00/2 Ecoupon Crescent rolls
  • -(3) .50/2 Ecoupon Crescent rolls
  • -(1) $1/2 Crescent rolls from Here
  • -(3) .40/2 Ecoupon Cinnamon rolls
  • -(2) $1/2 Ecoupon Cinnamon rolls
  • -(1) $1/2 Cinnamon rolls from Here
  • -(3) .55 Ecoupon Savorings pizza snacks
  • -(2) $1/2 Ecoupon Savorings pizza snacks
  • -(2) $1 Savorings coupon from Here
  • -(2) $1 Ecoupons Fiber one yogurt
  • -(1) Fiber one yogurt from Here
  • -(1) $2.00 catalina from previous purchase
  • -(1) $3/5 Quaker products from FredMeyer monthly savings book

Total OOP $6.64 plus I got a $3.50 Catalina from purchasing (5) Fruit snacks

That's $3.14 after Catalina savings

Items with an * were not on sale

8 comments:

Misty Makes said...

Wow, thanks for sharing your great shopping trip. I could use alot of this stuff I might have to duplicate your deal tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious how long did this take for you to put together and how much time did you spend in the store? Did the cashier hassle you over any of the coupons? Do you get nervous before you check out?

Unknown said...

Way to go Michele, that is so awesome!

Unknown said...

Well done! I wish we had your prices!

Anonymous said...

Belle....amazing!!! Good job! and thanks for sharing! cc

maygan said...

you did great! I had bigger plans for my trip as well but some items were out of stock (and I couldn't find that fiber one yogurt for anything!). I LOVE ecoupons!

Anonymous said...

PLEASE HELP EXPLAIN:I tried to do some e-couponing last week and it went horrible! Here are my questions: if i put an e-coupon on my card does it prevent me from also printing that coupon, because my computer kept saying I had already printed my quota when I hadn't. Also, can will it only take it off once? ie. If I had a coupon for .50 of frosting and bought 2 frostings, does it take off .50 or $1? And my final question, why won't it take off coupons sometimes? Last week I tried the Safeway chicken e-coupon, checked my card, it was on, even printed it off to double check, NEVER CAME OFF ON MY RECEIPT. So incredibly frusterating that I decided to never do e-coupons again. Please help me understand so I can do this right this week. Thanks!--Sara

Michele said...

Anon,

It took me about half an hour to get my coupons ready and match up my ecoupons. I usually print off my ecoupon lists and then match like items to figure how much I will save. No, My cashier did not hassle me about my coupons. She asked me if I would do her shopping for her. lol Once my coupons are ready, the shopping trip is quick especially if I don't take the kids. (I can think better when they are not talking my ear off) And yes even as a seasoned couponer I still get a little nervous. :-)

Sara,

There are four different places that you can load an ecoupon. Cellfire, Shortcuts, Proctor and Gamble and the new one on the Safeway website powered by coupons.com. On the first three you simply load coupons you can not print from those sites. On the new Safeway link I noticed that if you have already printed your limit from coupons.com you will not be able to load them to your card I believe that goes viceversa. For example I had already printed my Lubriderm coupons last week so it would not allow me to load the coupon to my Safeway card. Bummer!

An Ecoupon can only be used once. But let's say you have (5) coupons loaded for Frosting and you buy one frosting it will actually take off all (5) coupons even though you only bought one frosting. This is how I got so many items for free.

I heard from several people that the chicken ecoupon did not work for them but don't give up it is worth using the ecoupon system. Remeber to always wait a few hours after you have loaded your card before you hit the store. I made the mistake of loading coupons and then going to the store right away and those coupons did not come off.

The best way to save money with ecoupons is to load all coupons each time they reset let them build up so you can have an overage when you use the ecoupon and a paper coupon.

I hope this helps don't give up and have fun with it.