Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I have the most Unthrifty Husband!




My husband and Frugal just don't go together.  I know I shouldn't complain but I can't send him to the store. In fact it's been about six months since I asked him to pick up anything. Last time I asked him to pick up  Bread he bought a loaf of bread for $4.89. Hello, does he not see what I buy for $4.89?

Anyway I've been home sick since Saturday night and so have the girls. (I think my nine year old licks the tables at school or something because we are sick way to often) So I asked my dear hubby to pick up OJ and hamburger buns.  I forgot to mention that I have lost my voice so nagging him about checking prices was not an option.  I figured he watches me purchase our groceries and take pictures he knows to look for the best deals.  OK I was dead wrong he doesn't know how to look for the best deals.  (I figured around $4.00 for those two items without coupons) Well he figured otherwise $2.99 for Hamburger buns $3.79 for OJ and $7.99 for a six pack of beer for a total of $14.77 that is $10.77 more then it should have been.  At that price I should have just stayed in bed and ordered (2) Medium toppings from Dominos.  Men!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you crack me up! I feel the same way, my husband doesn't seem to care what things cost he just buys it. It really makes him upset if I say "I had a coupon for that" lol He seem to think I coupon enough for both of us!

Anonymous said...

Belle, this was hilarious and I can just see it happening. Poor Jeff! Next time send your son out; or call me, or my teen....they have learned to coupon! Happy Birthday, we love you. cc

maygan said...

hehe, my husband is just now starting to "get it" but he still does things like that if I send him out on occasion.

Leah said...

LOL! I think you should reward him with his favorite Vegetarian Dinner, he did get a deal on the beer :)~

Michele said...

Oh, Leah you are so right. I should make him eggplant parmesan. I made it for him ten years ago and he still brings it up to family and friends how I tried to kill him with a vegetarian dinner.

Jodee, I actually did have a coupon for the OJ too. Normally I would have picked up the buns at the Franz outle. I just love that place.

Samantha said...

Oh man my husband is the SAME way! I sent him to the store one time in the last few months to get 1 can of cream of chicken soup. 1 can! He brought home that plus a package of Oreos and beer too - I had a coupon at home for a FREE package of Oreos!

Plus if I ever take him grocery shopping with me we end up spending at least $10 - $20 more than I planned, and he'll get mad at me if I don't let him get something he wanted. Sorry hunny - I am NOT spending $4 on a box of cereal! LOL!