Sunday, November 29, 2009

Safeway Purchase



I sent my son to Safeway today to use up some Catalinas that expire tomorrow.  I didn't want to go anywhere after working the Black Friday weekend.  I told him to pick up some bananas and shredded cheese.  I only sent him with the Catalinas and (3) $1/2 Kraft Cheese coupons. Here is his frugal and not so frugal trip. Not too bad for a 17yr old boy.

(6) 1lb Kraft Naturals Cheese $1.99 each
(1) Safeway French Fries $3.00
(1) Tillamook Sour Cream $2.19 ( Just about died over this price)
(3) Bags of Candy .99 each (Clearanced in baskets)
(1) Bunch of Bananas $1.59
(1) Safeway Yogurt granola bars $2.49 each

-(12) .50 instant Kraft Natural cheese (Safeway marked down for quick sell through)
-(3) $1/2 Kraft Cheese
- .55 Instant savings employee discount on Safeway products
-$14 in Catalinas

Total OOP .63


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michele ~ he did an awesome job!!! Can i borrow him to make a few runs for me??? :)

Danielle

Leah said...

Its cool that Safeway has employee discounts :)

Michele said...

Yes, Danielle I have trained him well. lol

Leah, Just on Safeway brand products. I'll take any discount I can get though.