Monday, October 19, 2009

Birthday Cupcakes



Last week I told my daughter that she could either take store bought cupcakes to school with her on Friday or she could wait until Monday and I would make cupcakes.  Well, you can see she picked Monday.

I got this cupcake idea from Bakerella.  They were so cute I thought how hard could those be? Well 28 cupcakes boats later I realized it was a five hour job!  A special thanks to my Son Tyler for helping make all of those hamburger boats. If your interested in making these yourself I urge you to do some of it ahead.  Listed below is what I used.

(2) Boxes of Brownie Mix (Free from previous purchase)
(2) Boxes of Cake Mix (.25 each from previous purchase)
(2) Tubs of Frosting (Free from previous purchase)
(2) Packages of already made sugar cookie dough (.75 each from previous transaction)
(1)Sesame Seeds $1.94

  • - $1.00 McCormick spices
  • Total OOP .94
(1) Sandwich wax paper $3.00
Found this at World Market on Clearance regular $5.99
(1) Package of Card stock
Walmart $3.97

Total OOP $9.91

This is still quite a bit cheaper then buying store cupcakes and a lot cuter too!


2 comments:

Leah said...

Those are really cute Michele :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You did a great job, so stinkin' cute. What a lucky kid she is!