Friday, September 25, 2009

Safeway deals

I was soooooo incredibly tired today. Work is crazy, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the kids back to school schedules, We have been out every night this week with either, soccer, ballet x2, Dave Ramsey classes, Open house at the school, meeting with Leah from La Vida Cheapo, barbecue lunch at my daughters school, kids homework and reading and to top it off both the girls have colds and have been getting me up in the middle of the night. I don't think it will be long before the men in white coats with the straight jacket come to take me away!
So after dinner tonight I took off for a little "me" time. Yes, I had to get my fix I needed to get some stuff for free or almost free. It's amazing the rush you get when you walk out of a store with saving so much and paying so little. :-)
My son works at the Safeway on Francis. I have really been trying to make and effort to support his store. He kept asking me when I would be in this week. Of course I had to wait for the three day sale to start. Here is what I got.
(22) Hormel Sausages $1.00 each
(9) boxes of Mac and Cheese crackers $1.00 each
(7) boxes of cheese nips $1.00 each
(1) Capri sun $1.99 each
(1) Jennie O ground Turkey $5.00
(3) Large Honey Crisp apples $2.77
(1) Tropicana OJ $2.98
(1) John Morrell off the bone lunch meat
(So annoyed with myself forgot my coupon)
  • -(22) $1 Hormel sausage
  • -(8) $1/2 Nabisco cracker coupons
  • -(1) $1.99 off Capri sun catalina (last weeks promo)
  • -(1) $1 Tropicana OJ (Old peelie)
  • -(1) $10 Catalina from Joint juice promo
  • -(1) $5 Jennie O turkey from biggest loser promo

Total OOP $3.70 Total savings $116.50 That is a 97% savings!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Hi Michele,

Where did you find the John Morrel coupons?

Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Where did you get the hormel sausage coupons?

Michele said...

I got them at the Wandermere Albertsons a few weeks ago. I only had 5 but my Aunt gave me 17 more. I divided the sausages up between the rest of the family. They are great baked in the oven with barbecue sauce. (Mmmm yummy carmelized)