Friday, September 11, 2009

Target put to the test!

I frequent the Northpointe Target quite often and several cashiers know that I use coupons, While checking out one day the cashier informed me that they had a meeting about coupons and they were told to error on the side of the customer.  I was glad to hear this as I had experienced "Coupon Nazis" in the past.  She also told me that if the coupon scanned without beeping they were to take the coupon even if the product did not match exactly. To my amazement she also informed me that they would take expired coupons as well.  I was extremely skeptical about this but decided to try it out a few times. Guess what? All of my coupons worked.
  • For example Today I used a $5.00 coupon that expired on 7/30/09 it didn't beep.
  • (The cashier looked at the expiration date and commented that she had been waiting to see if an expired coupon would work)
  • Last week I used the Special K Chocolate pretzel granola bar coupon on the Special K Blueberry bars. (With no problem)
  • So I thought I would really put the the coupon to the test and I used an expired Blueberry pop tart coupon on a Brown sugar and cinnamon pop tart. It took it with no problem at all. 
This was three different transactions with three different cashiers.  I guess Target really is trying to win over their customers. Way to go Target!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to get that in writing! Next time could you ask them to send you an e-mail verifying that? I've found having something in writing saves a lot of headaches instead of saying well ______ said it was ok.

I ask because that is the store I frequent also and have had problems in the past. Once they told me they would take a coupon for a travel size item "just this once" because the coupon value was over the travel size price. I had already talked and talked with the cashier pointing out the coupon said ANY and the manager and I got the just this once.

I do love target for their stackable coupons! I just wish all cashiers and especially mangagers knew thier coupon policy.

Michele said...

Dear, Anon

I actually did ask for it and writing and was told that there is nothing in writing but associates have been trained to error on the side of the customer. I have only had trouble with one cashier at Northpointe target. Her name is Janet and it would be better to avoid her line. lol