Thursday, April 15, 2010

Safeway P&G Promotion Works!


Yesterday I went to Safeway and did the Proctor & Gamble promotion my total before coupons was $25 but I used coupons bringing my total down below $25.  I did not receive my Catalina and assumed that the promotion was not working when coupons were used.  But today I heard that Safeway had a glitch in the system and that noone had received their Catalina.  So to make a long story short I decided to give it another try today.  Well it worked!  Not only did I use coupons I also rolled my Catalina into another deal and used coupons! Wahoo! 

My husband had just complained that he needed some Head and Shoulders. No, he doesn't have chronic dandruff this is how a "Couponeer" stocks up when her husband says that he wants something. lol

Scenario

(4) Head & Shoulders $7.49 each ($29.96)
  • -(2) B1G1 Free Head and Shoulders 4/4 P&G (My cashier took off $8.49 each??)
  • -(2) $1.00 Head & Shoulders 3/7 P&G
  • Total OOP $10.98 received a $10.00 Catalina
2nd Transaction same deal just rolled my catalina and payed .98 (Of course I payed tax too)

*I will be calling the Catalina company tomorrow to get my Catalina that I did not receive with my deal yesterday.  Looks like I'll be spending the next few days at Safeway :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A husband of a couponer should know better than so say they NEED something lol I really want to try this whole promotion but I'm a little leery
I think I will wait until next week until the kinks are worked out thanks for being the ginny pig on all this :)

Michele said...

LOL, I think he will think twice before telling me he "Needs" something. For some reason the Head and Shoulders is not listed but works just fine for this promotion.