Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Safeway Run

I ran to Safeway on my lunch to pick up a few things. Total OOP was only $5.70 plus I got back $6.00 in Catalinas. Yeah!
The most exciting part of my deal was the Scrubbing Bubbles. Remember how I told you how to get Scrubbing Bubbles for free Here? Well now it's a Money Maker! There was nothing posted at the store but I received a $2.00 Catalina for purchasing two Scrubbing Bubbles items plus I received a $3.00 Catalina from Scrubbing Bubbles (For the Starter) and $1.00 Catalina for the refill.
(4) Classico Sauces $1.49 each
  • -(2) $3.49 from B1G1 Free Classico (NLA)
  • The coupon automatically scanned at that price
  • Final price $1.02 Money Maker
(2) Salad Mix .99 each
(1) 1lb bag of carrots .99
(1) Maxwell House Coffee $7.99
  • -(2) $2.00 Maxwell House Coffee Ecoupon
  • -(1) $2.00 Maxwell House coffee (Safeway coupon book found near cheese)
  • Final price $1.99
(1) Delimex Taquitos $9.99
  • -(2) $3.00 Delimex Taquitos Ecoupon
  • -(1) $2.00 Delimex Taquitos (Blinkie found in March)
  • -(1) $3.00 Delimex coupon from Safeway ad
  • Final price $1.01 Money Maker
(2) Sunchips $2.99 each
  • -(2) $1/2 Sunchips Ecoupon
  • -$3.79 Sunchips Free coupon from Facebook promotion
  • Final price .19 for two
(3) Hamburger Helpers .99 each
  • -(2) .75/3 Hamburger Helper Ecoupon
  • -(1) .75/3 Hamburger Helper
  • Final price .72 for three
(1) Yukon Gold Potatoes .99
  • -(1) .40 Betty Crocker Potatoes
  • -(2) .40 Betty Crocker Ecoupon
  • Final price .21 Money Maker
(2) Green Giant Brussell sprouts $1.67 each
  • -(1) .50/2 Green Giant boxed vegetables
  • -(3) .50/2 Green Giant ecoupons
  • -(2) $1/2 Green Giant ecoupons
  • Final price .66 Money maker
(3) Green Giant canned vegetables .79 each
  • -(2) $1/3 Green Giant Ecoupons
  • Final price .37
(1) Fiber One yogurt $2.99 (Peach was marked down to $1.25)
  • -(3) $1.00 Fiber One yogurt Ecoupons
  • -(1) $1.00 Fiber One
  • Final price $2.75 Money Maker
(1) Safeway OJ $2.49 (Marked 50% off)
  • Marked down 50%
  • Final price $1.24
(1)Red Grapes $3.64
  • -(1) $1.00 off produce (Serve up a Sandwich Safeway coupon book)
(1) Warm Delights dessert $1.69
  • -(1) .50 Warm Delights
  • -(2) $1.00 Warm Delights Ecoupon
  • -(2) .50 Warm Delights Ecoupon
  • Final price $1.81 Money Maker
(1) Betty Crocker cookie mix $2.49
  • -(2) $1.00 Ecoupon wyb cookie mix and frosting
  • Final price .49 (Forgot my .40 coupon for cookie mix)
(1) Betty Crocker Cake mix $1.69
  • -(2) .75 BC Cake mix ecoupon
  • Final price .19
(1) Betty Crocker Frosting $1.49
  • -(1) .50 Frosting wyb Cake and frosting
  • Final price .99
(1) Scrubbing Bubbles starter kit $6.99
  • -(1) $5.00 Scrubbing bubbles from 4/11SS
  • -(1) $2.00 Catalina from previous transaction
  • Final price .01 Money Maker
(1) Scrubbing Bubbles refill $3.50
  • -(1) $3.50 Scrubbing Bubbles Refill wyb starter kit
  • Final price Free
(2) Healthy Choice dinner $3.00 each
  • -(2) $2.00 Healthy Choice Ecoupons
  • -(1) $1/2 Healthy Choice
  • Final price .50 each
Total OOP $5.70 I also received an extra $4.00 in Catalinas. When you factor in the extra savings it's like spending $1.70. Wahoo!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! I can't wait to go I can hardly wait until my coupons get here!

Leah said...

sweet, I am going to get in on that Classico deal too. Can't wait to see the breakdown:)

Anonymous said...

what is NLA

Michele said...

No longer available. The coupon was only available a short window yesterday. The print limit was hit very early.

Anonymous said...

when does the scubbbing bubbles cat end

Michele said...

On the 25th

Unknown said...

my oh my the classico deal is awesome! I was wondering if I could add the 1/2 classico coupon with this deal? And what about the buy 2 classico get $1.50 off meat? I know there has been some issues with the meat one attaching with the sauce but they might push it through. What do you think?

Unknown said...

Michele,
Jealous of the scrubbing bubbles. I wish I had more of those coupons! Good work today :)

The Frugal Life of A Mom said...

You did AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing. I am going to to give it a try today and see what I can come up with. Have you seen the new "Make It Tonight" and the new "Serve Up A Sandwich" coupon books found back by the meat? In the sandwich one, there are...

$1/1 Kraft Mayo or Miracle Whip (we also have E.coupons for these too)
$1/1 Grey Poupon
$1/1 Ritz Toasted Chips
$1/1 Jar of Claussen Pickles
$1/1 Kraft Singles
$1/1 Any produce item (maximum $5 produce purchase required)

In the Make It Tonight there are only four coupons...

20% off all Waterfront Bistro Items
$0.50 off Safeway Select Artison French Bread
$1/1 Any Safeway Select Refrigerated pasta and sauces
$1/1 Any Eating Right Salad

Just thought I would share, just in case. Thanks again for sharing your deal!

Michele said...

Jodee,

I would definitely use the $1/2 Classico. I would have if I hadn't forgotten my coupon on the printer. The meat coupon is worth a try but when I used it before the cashier was cranky because it does attach to the pasta sauce. I always say when in doubt go to the "Male" checker and smile. lol

Cheryl,

I used a few of the coupons from the sandwich book. But was never able to find the Make it tonight book. Oh well you can't win them all. Thanks for sharing all the coupons in each of the books.

Karissa,

I have more of the $5.00 coupons for the starter kit. It's worth it to buy two of those.

Joelle,

Thank you for the "Gift" you are so awesome.

Unknown said...

Michele,
Do you want to trade something for the $5.00/1 Starter Kit Coupon?

Joelle said...

Karissa,

I am dropping off your bundle of goodies today after I pick up my kiddo . .. you will have plenty of the $5 off coupons!!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Joelle,
You are so generous!

Anonymous said...

I am new at this and wondering how to my transactions, I have 3 $5 off scrubbing bubble starter, and 2 get the free refill. I am not understanding how the catalinas are working and want to maximize my savings? Thanks for any help:)

Michele said...

Anon,

I would do two transactions for the least amount OOP.

First transaction
(1) Starter kit
(1) Refill
Pay $1.99 OOP plus tax
Receive (1) $2.00 (1) $3.00 and (1)$1.00 Catalina.

Second Transaction
(2) Starter Kits
(1) Refill

Roll $4.00 in Catalinas from your previous transaction. Just pay tax

You will then receive
(1) $2.00 Catalina
(2) $3.00 Catalinas
(1) $1.00 Catalina
Plus you will still have a $2.00 Catalina from the first transaction.

Hope that helps!