Thursday, March 11, 2010

Post Cereal deal at Safeway



So, I'm just going to come out and say it. I allow my children to eat sugared cereal!  Everyone can make their own choices but don't judge me for letting my kids have it. Don't get me wrong I don't let my kids have it everyday (We would never make it through all that oatmeal if I did). But I see nothing wrong with a few bowls here and there. I have fond memories from my childhood of my Mom allowing each of us kids to pick out our cereal each week.  I can't imagine not growing up on "Sugar Smacks" now called "Honey Smacks" or "Sugar Pops" now called "Corn Pops".  So if your a Mom that allows your kids to have a bowl of sugared cereal too. Here's a few more ideas from Safeway this week.

The Post Cereal Catalina is still going and if you did the Kellogg's cereal deal from yesterday then you probably still have a $4.00 Catalina that you still need to use.

(4) Post Sugared Post Cereal $2.50 each
(1) Clever Kids Fruit Snack $2.00
  • -(2) $1/2 Post Cereal from 2/28 SS
  • -(1) Clever Kids fruit snacks from Here or Here
  • - $5 for puchasing 5 participating items
  • -$4.00 Catalina from Kelloggs deal (If you did this deal yesterday)
  • Final price Free plus you will receive a $3.00 Catalina for purchasing (4) post Cereal
You could repeat this deal several more times paying $1.00 out of pocket for each repeat or you could roll it into the Salad dressing and bagged salad deal.  By the way that's my bowl of cereal in the picture just waiting for me to eat. (I always picked Fruity Pebbles)



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you I allow some sugared cereal, I love it myself as a snack.
There is still fortified nutrition in is so I don't feel to bad about them having a bowl or two a week. I will be going back to Safeway AGAIN!

Joelle said...

Oh you are so funny!!! :-) No judgements here - my kiddos eat it as a dry snack and love it! They aren't into "bowls" of cereal with milk yet . . . Seriously - there is more to worry about then a handful of flippen fruit loops here and there! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm just amazed by the gull of some people and their opinions. Let's remember people, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it all. I just hate seeing you justify your actions like this. The past couple times I have checked in on you...I see you explaining & defending yourself. Maybe you should just tell everyone that you and your family eat fruit snacks, sugared cereal with half/half, and raw steaks while watching tv and collecting unemployment! The audacity of some people.
Danielle :)

Anonymous said...

Belle: I agree with Danielle completely. You don't have to explain or justify anything to 'the smart shoppers'. We love your blog and the savings are unbelievable.
Remember the person who complained that there were never coupons for anything they used? What about TP, foil, cards, juice, milk, bread, razors, shampoo, dish soup, paper towels, deoderant and on and on.!!! These people need a reality check! cc

maygan said...

great deal! Although, I'd wait on buying any more post cereal- should be an even better deal next week at albertsons ;)